Tuesday, January 27, 2009

December 08 Photo Shoot

My one and only winter photo shoot from the year 2008. That makes it sound somehow special, as if you ought to expect something really fantastic.
.... heh.... Sorry to disappoint, but in my own way I'm rather happy at how these turned out. The trees were weighed down with a heavy powdery snow, and after the first 20 cms, started to relieve themselves of their ponderous load. This was quite magical in the perfectly silent forest. There were no birds singing, no woodland creatures hopping about. Not even any dog walkers who come in the woods to avoid cleaning up after their animals... (slight pet peeve? Of miniscule annoyance, just perhaps...) Just the ethereal silence that you wish you could bottle and carry around with you. Perfect silence, with only soft ripples of sound when a branch swayed and a cloud of snow filtered down through the canopy, like fairy dust.

Does my photograph capture that feeling? I don't think so. I'm a better wordsmith than a photographer - for now.








2 comments:

  1. I really like the first and last ones. The first one is a really interesting shot and I like idea of the falling tree in the last one. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) Those are some of my faves too. I think I like the one with the lens flare the best, for some reason. I like the feeling it gives me.

    ReplyDelete